Monday, January 26, 2009

Still Not a Millionaire

Well, I didn't hit the big jackpot this past weekend, so I guess that means I can't quit the old day job just yet. I don't normally even bother with lotto tickets, considering the infinitesimal chances of winning and all, but I do admit to being tempted once the winnings start to surpass the $20 million mark. With a windfall like that, I would definitely be kissing the working world bu-bye, but it begs the question, how much would be enough to say, "that's it, I'm set for life"? Not sure what the answer is, though $1 million is probably enough, but what about $500K (maybe) or say $250k (nothing to scoff at, but probably not retirement time)? So where do you draw the line? As I said, I don't really know, but I like to think that I would probably be happy enough with any kind of winnings I was lucky enough to acquire, be they large or small. So, if anyone out there wants to donate to my personal Early Retirement Fund, please feel free to set up a donation (yeah, I know, it is not going to happen).

No comments: