Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

So, ha ha, it is that time of year again and I am really not a big one for making resolutions that are inevitably broken in short order, but since one my plans this year is to improve the abysmally small number of entries in this blog, I figured this would be a good way to start posting again. Yes, I know that was a run-on sentence, and it probably won't be the last one, so there.

So anyhow, here are some of my plans for 2009. Hopefully my next entry won't be made a full year from now lamenting my dismal lack of accomplishment with respect to the following list. I guess we'll see.

1. Make more frequent entries to this blog. Hopefully at least 2-3 per week, or more. Try not to laugh if you think this is a pipe dream.

2. Knit presents for my parents and in-laws for the coming Christmas. If I really get my stuff together, I could maybe even knit presents for the sister and sister-in-law, but I am trying not to set myself up for too much failure. Also, the husband will be making stuff as presents too (not kniting). He seems to find it amusing that I am making that one into my resolution, but too bad for him.

3. Eat healthier and prepare more foods from scratch. We've been doing a pretty good job of baking bread and I want to keep this up and expand more into other things.

4. Engage in more exercise, nothing major, just start running a bit again, or hiking or what not. The husband wants to do push-ups and sit-ups at night and I said that I would do it with him.

5. Get things organized and establish tidier habits for everyone in the household. Living in a 2-bedroom condo with a 2-year old sort of forces you to keep on top of things, and we actually haven't been doing too bad with this, but it is the sort of thing that requires constant vigilance, because if you let things slip, the next thing you know it looks like a chaos explosion ripped through the place.

6. Read more books. I love reading and I have been re-discovering the library recently, so I want to keep up with that, and balance between the classics and newer stuff. Along the same lines, I want to work on completing all the unfinished books on the shelves in the office. I was going to say I'll read Ullyses, but I am just not sure that I am up for that one.

7. Learn to play the penny whistle. The husband brought one back from Ireland and it is similar enough to the flute and piccolo of my youth, so it shouldn't be too hard and I know that the little monkey will enjoy hearing it.

8. Watch more zombie movies. Really, how can you go wrong with that one? The husband also wants to see all the new super-hero movies, and of course there will be the new Star Trek and Battlestar Gallactica season. Oh yeah, and also Terminator. I am hoping that a new Resident Evil movie is coming too.

9. Keep the garden alive and thriving. We started off pretty well with that one this year, but then we went away on vacation. Enough said.

10. Get the monkey out of diapers. We're getting pretty close on that one, but it just seems like it is going on forever and ever. Seriously though, I will totally cry if that one isn't done like dinner by this time next year.

Well I guess that is ambitious enough for now. Wish me luck and don't worry, future posts will mostly be shorter.

No comments: