Monday, January 19, 2009

Lovely January West Coast Weather

Sometimes you just have to love the west coast. It has been sunny and beautiful here for the past several days. We've been for walks by the ocean, romps at the park, and just generally enjoying the lovely weather. The warm sunshine made me think about plans for my garden and such and then I realized that it was still January, which actually doesn't signify that much in a city where the trees start blossoming in February. As always, I have great hopes for a lovely little garden this year. I think that I will start with planting a few bulbs this weekend with the monkey. I seem to have the best luck with planting most stuff directly into the soil (rather than starting from seed inside), so I will still have to wait a bit before things will be warm enough for that to happen. I'm thinking a mixture of flowers, herbs and maybe a few veggies or lettuces. If things turn out well I will post some pictures later in the season. Wish me luck.

No comments: