Thursday, April 2, 2009

It`s my job to be cute, Mommy!

So the monkey has discovered the art of delaying tactics as far as bed time is concerned, to the point where it is really starting to drive me bonkers.

After getting up for something like the 10th or so time, I told her that she could tuck herself back into bed this time, because mommy was going on strike.

To which she looked somewhat shocked and resulted in the following conversation:

Monkey - But Mommy!, that's your job to tuck me in!

Mom - Yeah, well maybe you should have done your own job, staying in bed and going to sleep.

Monkey - It's not my job to go to sleep, mommy! It's, it's.... my job to be cute! I'm a cuty pie!

Mom - (D'oh!) Okay fine, you win, you're cute, let's go tuck in.

Monkey - (triumphant smile, followed by evil genius laughter)

But seriously though, something has got to give here, and I am going to have to find a new way of dealing with this bedtime terrorist, because the whole appeasement policy thing is just not working out for me.

No comments: