Friday, April 10, 2009

Hot Cross Buns

We're just enjoying a lazy Easter long weekend here, and we decided to try our hand at hot cross buns, since this is a tradition in the husbands family. So, I figured I'd better give it a whirl and add them to my repertoire. The monkey and I worked away at them this morning, then let them rise for a bit. Pretty soon, they were about to overflow the confines of the bowl we put them in and take over the kitchen, so we proceeded with the next stage of prep. We haven't actually tried to eat them yet, but I just finished piping on the icing and I think they look yummy, if I say so myself. They had better be, after the disaster zone that was our kitchen while we baked these guys up. A good time was had by all throughout the process, so I think I will call the experience a success. Time to make up a nice cup of coffee and perform the taste test!

No comments: