Sunday, March 8, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

So, I know this is way behind the 8-ball and has already been done a thousand times by a thousand different people, but I really needed an excuse to make me put in another entry already, since it has been way too long. I normally hate this sort of thing, which is why I resisted up until now, but I decided to go ahead and just do it anyways. So if you are the sort of person who would rather gouge their own eyes out than read another one of these, I recommend you just close the window right now before you go any further. Otherwise, enjoy. I will try to be brief.

1. I am a Scorpio. I think that astrology is interesting, but bunk.

2. I know how to walk on stilts. I taught myself when I was about 12, when I randomly decided that this was something I wanted to do. I got my dad to help build me a pair. Once I mastered the first set, I got him to build me another higher pair, and then a higher one again. After that he refused to build me any more pairs, so that was that. It's like learning to ride a bicycle though and you never really forget how to do it.

3. I have a tattoo.

4. I have 3 piercings (1 on each ear and my belly button).

5. I got my appendix taken out when I was a kid.

6. I am a bad liar. Not enough practice, I guess.

7. I can do a trick where it looks like I am removing my finger. It is always a hit with children.

8. I love camping and the outdoors. My most ambitious hikes thus far were with the husband on the Juan de Fuca trail and hiking to a mountain called the Golden Hinde (tallest one on Vancouver Island). The husband and I want to hike to a place called Della Falls (tallest waterfall in Canada).

9. I prefer cross country skiing to downhill.

10. I used to watch figure skating when I was a child.

11. I have a TV, but no cable, so I only use it to watch DVDs. I prefer to wait for a show to come out on DVD before I watch it.

12. My current DVD obsession is House, M.D. I am part way through the second season now.

13. I am unashamed to admit to being a geek. I love all the Star Trek spin-offs, Battlestar Gallactica, Babylon V, you name it.

14. I enjoy making graphs in Excel. Sorry if that is beyond weird.

15. I am also obsessed with Zombie movies and Jane Austen period style movies.

16. I played the flute and the piccolo in a marching band.

17. My favourite dessert is creme brule. The husband bought one of those little torches so he can make it for me.

18. I have a major weakness for chips, pretzels and anything salty.

19. I think that prime numbers are pretty cool (hey, I admitted to being a geek).

20. I was really good at skipping as a child.

21. My Starbucks drink is a Tall Americano with cream.

22. I am afraid of spiders. Something about the 8 legs just gives me the creeps.

23. I enjoy knitting, though I have a short attention span, so most of my projects are pretty small. Some of them are pretty cool though if I say so myself.

24. Someday I aspire to keeping a houseplant alive for more than a few months.

25. I was the president of an Astronomy Club at one time.

So there you have it. If you feel like you want the 10 minutes of your life back that you spent reading this, don't say I didn't warn you at the beginning.

No comments: